Health & Safety Policy
William Smith Heating Solutions Scotland Limited has established this Health and Safety Policy to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare at work of all employees and others who may be affected by its activities. This policy will be implemented in all premises owned or controlled by the Company, and is applicable to all staff and visitors at our sites. This policy also applies to our staff working away from company sites.
In pursuance of this policy, the Company will take action to:
- Identify, assess, and manage the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- Consult with our employees and seek their cooperation on matters affecting their health and safety;
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training;
- Prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health, so far as is reasonably practicable; maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
- Oversee the implementation and function of the safety management system, and monitor and review this policy on an annual basis.
- Take disciplinary action for any breach of Company safety law